CHAPTER 14 The Window Object
The Window Object
- §14.1 shows how to use setTimeout() and setInterval() to register a function to be invoked at specified times in the future.
- §14.2 explains how to use the locationproperty to obtain the URL of the currently displayed document and to load new documents.
- §14.3 covers the history property, and shows how to move the browser backward and forward through its history.
- §14.4 shows how to use the navigator property to obtain browser vendor and version information and how to use the screen property to query the size of the desktop.
- §14.5 shows how to display simple text dialogs with the alert(), confirm(), and prompt()methods and how to display HTML dialog boxes with showModalDialog().
- §14.7 explains that the IDs and names of HTML elements are used as properties of the Window object.